blast furnace no.2
Bremen steelworks earlier known as "Klöckner Werke" named after famous industrialist Peter Klöckner from Duisburg were founded in 1954 on the ground of former "Norddeutsche Hütte" Only an open hearth steel-mill and a slab rolling mill was built in that time. Blast furnace no.3 (on the left) was blown twelve years later (1966) and completely reconstructed in 2009. Still active today.
A power plant fired by blast furnace gas was built there in 1964.
Blast furnace no.II. Modernized in 1995.