Govajdia blast furnace
Govajdia blast furnace was built between 1806-1810. This monument of outstanding importance was active until 1924 when the production was moved to Hunedoara steelworks nearby. Interesting highlight - local molten iron was used for Eiffel tower construction.
As a proof this was not a charcoal furnace see attached images below, cowpers were installed between 1914-1916 shortly before the shutdown. In 90´s there were plans for complete demolition so that at least the cowpers were "preserved" and moved to Bucurest technical museum. However the plan was abandoned later and the furnace is national technical monument since 2000.
Interior is freely accessible and of great condition optimal for further preservation.