When the railroad construction reached town of Kolomna in 1863 it was necessary to build new bridge above Oka river in order to continue further south. For such purpose the railway bridge construction factory was built near the river banks. It was also the very first one of this kind in whole Russia.
Since 1895 the plant started production of steam locomotives and freight wagons.
In 1903 the very first ship diesel engine was manufactured here and since the 30´s the production was expanded with motorized trams and electric locomotives.
After a short period of military production for the War needs the plant switched back to railway industry and is still active within this sector nowadays.