Tube rolling mill Vitkovice
The tube rolling mill in Ostrava was founded in 1883 as part of growing Vitkovice ironworks. Former method of welded pipes (the very first ones in Austro-Hungarian monarchy) was replaced by mannesmann process of hot rolling in the beginning of 19th cenutry. It was invented and patented between 1885-1887 by Mannesmann brothers Reinhard and Max. This process was installed in Vitkovice in 1917 (large Mannesmann) and 1926 (small Mannesmann). Although modernized, both mills are still in operation.
The rolling mill was part of Vitkovice ironworks until 1999 when sold to Astonia joint-stock company. Part of Trinec ironworks group since 2005.