blast furnace U4
Metallurgical complex at french village Uckange was founded in 1890 by Stumm brothers, famous owners of most ironworks in Saar region in that time. Former six-in-a-row blast furnaces were twice modernizated during the 20th century (1930-32 and 1966-70) and so that once famous smelting-works are now remembered by fragment of U4 blast furnace only. U4 with its vertical elevator was listed as an industrial landmark in 1991, the rest was demolished in the same year.
Current situation at "Parc du haut-fourneau U4 a Uckange".
Area is opened to public during the main tourist season only.