The railway station workshop complex (including asembly plant, forge, and foundry) was founded in 1858 by the "Österreichische Nord Westbahn". The works were focused on freight and passenger wagons repairs, steam boilers and brake blocks casts.
By the 1935 two cupola furnaces were in operation here already and the annual production reached 8,000 tons.
The former more than a century old foundry hall was tore down in 1984 and brand new plant has been raised on its place. The first melt in modern hot-blast cupola occured in 1986.
Ferex foundry continues with tradition of brake blocsk and tractors weights castings today.
Keywords: industrial, industriální fotografie, industry, industrial photograhy, industriekultur, slévárna, giesserei, foundry, ferex, liberec, czech republic, česká republika, kuplovna, cupola furnace, kupolofen
Views: 1324 ×