The former rolling mill called "Laminatoio Valsabbia" in the mountain reagion of Odolo was established in 1954 by group of local enterpreteurs. In 1963 the mill was renamed as "Ferriera Valsabbia", rolling of steel bars is still dependent on ingot supply from other steel plants nearby.
The first electric arc furnace was built here in 1968, secondary metalurgy followed in 1971.
The rolling mill was completely modernized in 2008 and the electric steel shop in 2011 with new arc furnace with capacity of 80 tonnes.
Keywords: ocelárna, ocel, metalurgie, huť, stahlwerk, hütte, steelworks, steel mill, steel plant, ferriera, valsabbia, odolo, italy, itálie, elektrická oblouková pec, lichtbogenofen, electric arc furnace, eaf, eop
Views: 1421 ×