Currently the largest European coke plant Zdzieszowice (Deschowitz) was founded by "Gräflich Schaffgottsche Werke" in 1930. First two batteries were built by couple of german architects Schupp & Kremmer, designers of famous Zollverein complex.
Further expansion was made during 1962 - 1968, coking batteries no. 3 - 6 were constructed by russian manufacture this time.
In 1972 new coking line was built one kilometer southern from the old one. This time polish company constructed the batteries no. 7 - 10.
Meanwhile the last grand expansion was done during 2006 - 2008 when polish company Zarmen built brand new baterries no.11 and 12. Soon after the outdated batterries no. 1 and 2 were shutdown for good followed by no.9 and 10.
Despite of that the annual production of metalurgical and domestic coke is close to 4 mio tonnes.
Views: 1180 ×