The Orsko-Khalilovsky metallurgical combine was founded in 1955 in the steppe landscape of russian-kazakhstan border nearby the town of Orsk. Blast furnace no.1 was put into operation in the same year and the first open-hearth steel was casted in 1958. With progressive pace the 2800mm, 950/800mm and 800mm reversion rolling mill were built duuring the next years.
The production of electric steel started relatively soon. In 1981 already the first electric arc furnace was built, lately supplied with continuous caster. In 2004 second 100 ton arc furnace was commissioned. Last open-hearth furnace was shutdown definitely in 2013.
Today the Ural Steel operates two coke plants, three blast furnaces, electric steel shop and four rolling mills.
Keywords: metalurgiceskij zavod, ural steel novotroitsk, ural, rusko, russia, vysoká pec, blast furnace, hochofen, highline, industriální architektura, industrial architecture, industriální fotografie, industrial photography, industriekultur fotografie, metaloinvest, železárny, ironworks, metalurgical combine, integrated works, hochofenanlage
Views: 1292 ×